Due to current operational demands, we are recruiting for an Engineering and Maintenance Manager (JN0040). This is a fulltime permanent function in Craigavon, Northern Ireland.
The most important activities in this challenging position are:
- Ensure that plant and facilities are maintained to the highest standards to continually improve efficiency, productivity and safety.
- Lead and develop the maintenance and engineering personnel to achieve the highest standards of engineering discipline, focusing activity and competence on strategic and business unit goals to develop a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ensure the development and use of leading edge technologies through quality engineering and innovation to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of plant and equipment.
- Regularly review engineering practices, procedures and systems using Mp2 Maintenance Software to effectively control stock levels and material usage.
- Prepare and manage CEA projects which includes investigation, setting specifications, obtaining quotations, installation and commissioning to enhance current operating capability
- Liaise with contractors and suppliers to optimise engineering costs
- Implement and control the operation of Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental Standards to remain compliant with legislation and internal procedures including ISO 9001 & 14001.
- Develop and implement ideas, particularly around sustainability and waste, to move the organisation towards Mission Zero and Climate Takeback.
- Provide technical support and liaison with Quality department and New Product Design & Development to ensure that there is a practical application for Design requirements.
- Provide support to manufacturing management by effectively diagnosing and resolving operational issues with manufacturing equipment keeping downtime to a minimum.
For this varied and challenging position the following position-requirements are essential:
- NQF level 5 HNC / HND in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Proven experience in the implementation and use of CMMS or equivalent.
- Proven experience of managing an engineering and maintenance team, typically gained in a Manufacturing environment.
- Competent in IT software including Excel, AutoCAD, Approach, SCADA, MS Project (or equivalents)
- Proven fault finding and diagnostic skills.
- A relevant higher qualification in engineering.
- PLC programming in Siemens S7 and others.
- Project management skills
- Understanding of control systems and design.
- IOSH or equivalent in safety management.
- Experience of budget management typically gained in a maintenance environment.
Interface is the modular flooring division of Interface Inc., based in Atlanta, USA. The Company is a worldwide leader in the design and production of high-quality, innovative modular floor coverings and widely recognised as an environmental pioneer.
In Europe, Interface has manufacturing facilities in Craigavon, Northern Ireland; and Scherpenzeel in Holland, as well as sales offices in most major cities.
Opportunities are now available based in our UK Tufting Centre of Excellence in Craigavon, Northern Ireland, where we operate as part of a global supply chain and pride ourselves on being a friendly, knowledgeable, innovative and highly professional partner to all our stakeholders.
To apply for this position, please complete an online application form via www.interfacecareers.com.
The closing date for application submission for this vacancy is Monday 26th February 2018