Due to current operational demands, we are recruiting for a European Tufting Engineer (JN0041). This is a fulltime permanent function in Craigavon, Northern Ireland reporting to the European Technology Director. Exercise technical skills and experience to provide support and technical advice to the European Technology team in order to enhance the production of excellent quality tufted product.
The most important activities in this challenging position are:
- Create knowledge management on tufting processes and machines and keep technical product knowledge up to date, to ensure that Interface is best placed to remain at the forefront of developments in the tufting arena.
- Participate in training, meetings and develop relationships with work colleagues throughout the Company in order that all parties can benefit from development and knowledge.
- Responsible for European machine harmonization.
- Provide technical support to the production process and engineers to ensure that machinery or product problems are resolved.
- In conjunction with Operations, develop the machinery and the product to maximize technological advancements.
- Regularly review and improve maintenance and engineering practices and methodologies.
- Liaise with contractors and suppliers
- Support with CEA projects including; investigation, setting specifications, obtaining quotations, installation and commissioning to enhance current operating capability
- Specify, investigate and source new equipment and machinery to support the tufting process in order to maximise our ability to provide an excellent quality, flexible and innovative product to our customers.
- Provide technical support and liaison with Design & Development to ensure that there is a practical application for Design requirements.
- Participate in the investigation process for any product problems in order to resolve issues to the customer’s satisfaction.
For this varied and challenging position the following position-requirements are essential:
- Educated to Engineering degree/diploma level or equivalent
- Management/ Supervisory experience gained within an engineering manufacturing environment
- Previous involvement in engineering projects
- An understanding of mechanical pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings
- Experience in fault finding and extensive knowledge of mechanics
- Experience in a high volume manufacturing environment
- PLC experience in a manufacturing environment
- Basic electrical aptitude
- Experience of using Auto CAD programmes
- Experience of using Microsoft Project
Interface is the modular flooring division of Interface Inc., based in Atlanta, USA. The Company is a worldwide leader in the design and production of high-quality, innovative modular floor coverings and widely recognised as an environmental pioneer.
In Europe, Interface has manufacturing facilities in Craigavon, Northern Ireland; and Scherpenzeel in Holland, as well as sales offices in most major cities.
Opportunities are now available based in our UK Tufting Centre of Excellence in Craigavon, Northern Ireland, where we operate as part of a global supply chain and pride ourselves on being a friendly, knowledgeable, innovative and highly professional partner to all our stakeholders.
To apply for this position, please complete the online application form.