Over your 12 month placement you will work in a Manufacturing business environment gaining invaluable skills and experience. The opportunities available will cover all aspects of manufacturing from production to lean manufacturing methods, process improvements and project management. You will be guided by goals and objectives and will have responsibility to deliver on inspiring projects. Your manager will offer coaching and mentoring to support you throughout the year to ensure you make the best of your Interface experience.
- To work with teams involved in Lean, Quality systems improvement and Waste Reduction projects
- Analyses numerical and verbal data and maintain detailed information
- To facilitate the transfer of knowledge from the manufacturing environment to the Continuous Improvement Manager and vice versa
- Assist with day to day Laboratory work and provide support to the Quality Engineer
- Co-operating with team leads in the pursuit of project goals
- Participate in various meetings to share knowledge and best practice and promote a culture of continuous improvement.
- Analyse and if necessary challenge data to gain greater understanding. Including development of effective data collection systems.
- Work in a methodical way to achieve project goals and deadlines.
- Monitor and develop various KPIs for quality, productivity, waste etc.
- Support the maintenance of procedures and technical data on various electronic systems
- Working towards or about to graduate with 2:1 Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Technical, Science or Business related subject
- IT Literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Effective written & verbal, reporting and communication skills
- Good colour vision
- Manufacturing or Industrial experience
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing